As you may know, the U.S. House of Representatives is full of bush league psychos. Some examples of current and former House lunatics include a perennial unemployed communist filmmaker named Bernie Sanders and a Bakersfield deli owner named Kevin McCarthy. But nothing compares to the current MAGA flavor of the month, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), who is basically frothing at the mouth with idiocy.
Cawthorn has been putting on an absolute clinic in self-immolation. In the past month, he has been the center of many scandals, including:
- Bringing a loaded gun to an airport
- Being implicated in an insider-trading scheme
- Humping his cousin with his dong out on video
- Grabbing his staffer’s junk, also on video
Cawthorn faces a tough primary on May 17. His opponent, Chuck Edwards, is backed by many of North Carolina’s top Republican power players.
Naturally, we at SSG are treating this is a big ticket betting event.
CAN MADISON CAWTHORN GET OVER “THE HUMP”?
WILL MADISON CAWTHORN SURVIVE HIS MAY 17 PRIMARY?
This is a tough call. According to an April poll, Cawthorn’s support from GOP voters has plummeted from 49% to 38%, while his GOP challenger, Chuck Edwards, has seen an increase from 14% to 21% in the same time.
Great question. Listen to the pod to find out.
Now, there is no denying that Trump-era Republicans are willing to turn a blind eye to some pretty bad behavior if it means “owning the libs.”
This is due to the fact that many Americans think that being a crass moron is a good way to hit-back against all the woke people who want to turn the USA into the Iran of political correctness. This is one reason why Trump can get away with inciting an insurrection and habitually sexually assaulting women without much punishment from his base.
However, compared to Trump, Cawthorn’s brand is pretty small. He is a first-term Congressman and former Chik Fil A worker. That’s the definition of a nobody.
So… what gives?
Making the right bet on Cawthorn going down (or surviving) comes down to 5 variables:
- How much does it matter that he is facing a high-qualify GOP challenger in this primary?
- How much does it matter that powerful North Carolina Republicans are campaigning against him?
- How much does it matter that many in the GOP base don’t care what establishment Republicans think?
- How much does it matter that Cawthorn’s rape-y vidoes are too explicit for TV stations to play on the news?
- Is there enough time for his opponent to play catch-up (and he is catching up fast)
On this episode of SSG, the answer to these 5 questions will be made to clear to you:
GET FREE MONEY AND SWAG TO BET ON POLITICS:
First-time Kalshi user? Join the $30M Silicon Valley prediction market with some free swag. Sign up with the SSG Members referral code and get free swag + hook it up for your boys here.
Claim a $200 matching bonus on America’s largest (legal) political gambling exchange. Just click here and receive a $200 match.