The Saltiest Primary of the Year
You probably thought that primary season was over. However, that is fake news. On Tuesday, Rhode Island will holds its primaries, and there is a real whopper on the Democratic side for governor.
The race features incumbent Dan McKee, who lucked-into the job when President Biden tapped then-Governor Gina Raimondo for his cabinet.
McKee is deeply unpopular and facing multiple tough intra-party challengers, including:
- Secretary of State (and mean girl) Nellie Gorbea
- Rich Corporate Executive Helena Foulkes; and
- Some random guy named Matt Brown
The woke crowd is also getting fired-up for this election, due to the fact that Nellie Gorbea would be the state’s first-ever Latina governor.
However, I will be totally honest and say that I know almost nothing about Rhode Island. So we are so lucky to have MIKE STENHOUSE join us to explain where the money is in this race.
Mike is the founder of the Rhode Island Center for Freedom & Prosperity, and he’s a contributor to The Ocean State Current. That is a fancy way of saying that he is deeply tied-into the local political scene, both as an activist and a pundit.
Listen to what he has to say:
THE SALTIEST, MOST BUSH LEAGUE PRIMARY OF THE YEAR
In the course of this conversation, you’ll learn:
- Can the deeply unpopular incumbent, Dan McKee, fight-off a tough primary?
- Why is Helena Foulkes such an attractive long-shot?
- Will the Dem nominee be so battered that the Republicans will be competitive in November?
- Which Congressional district the GOP thinks they’ll flip
LISTEN TO THE FULL PODCAST
GET FREE MONEY AND SWAG TO BET ON POLITICS:
Claim a $200 matching bonus on America’s largest (legal) political gambling exchange. Just click here and receive a $200 match.
First-time Kalshi user? Join the $30M Silicon Valley prediction market with some free swag. Sign up with the SSG Members referral code and get free swag + hook it up for your boys here.