Is It Too Soon for Democrats to Panic?
Those of you who are not high on bath salts know to be skeptical anytime the media declares that this election — or any other one — is OVER.
Understanding the swingy nature of American politics is actually a great strategy for those of you who bet.
In fact, if you kept your head through Biden’s dismal approval ratings (1 year ago), the Dobbs abortion decision, & Democrats’ string of special election victories (4 months ago)… and YOU KNEW that all of these events would eventually disappear from the public consciousness — then you could have made money both ways.
Look at this chart:
WHO WILL CONTROL THE SENATE IN 2023?
But we are getting to the point in this election cycle where things really matter. In fact, we recently declared that:
Which brings us back to the present, where Democrats’ hopes of holding onto the Senate is once again in doubt.
If you follow the current PredictIt odds, the Democrats need to sweep Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania in November to hang on to power.
By the way, Joe Biden won these 3 states by a mere 103,000 votes combined — out of a total population of over 31 million. So we are really talking about having to thread the needle here. Since then:
- Election reforms in AZ & GA have modified voting rules in ways that will certainly effect the outcome if its another razor-thin margin
- Donald Trump is no longer on the ballot — but it remains to be seen which party, if any, benefits from this most
And most recently, Pennsylvania Democratic Nominee John Fetterman suffered what appears to be a massive stroke, and is visibly impaired. Besides being a turn-off for a number of voters, Fetterman’s health issues have kept him off the campaign trail.
A recent NBC video interviewed completely shocked the marketplace and has sent Democratic senate odds into a dive.
Meanwhile, on the Republican side:
- Ohio GOP nominee JD Vance just can’t seem to get out ahead of Democrat Tim Ryan in a state that Republicans are banking on
- Scandals about Georgia nominee Herschel Walker have people asking if he too suffered a traumatic brain injury — in his case, during his storied football career
So to level-set at this crucial juncture, we’re bring you a very special podcast.
Stick around until the end when The Action Network’s Anthony Dabbundo gives some lessons from sports betting that you can use to predict the election.
- Should you believe the “Oz is inevitable” narrative in Pennsylvania, where Democrats are in retreat
- How bad will the polls miss in the Midwest this year (it’s always BAD)
- Is Democrat Mandela Barnes officially done in Wisconsin?
- When should Republicans panic about JD Vance?
- Do Senate debates matter?
- How much are woke excesses, like Amazon’s woke Lord of the Rings Show, playing into voters’ attitudes?
- Racism at the LA City Council — has racial politics become more toxic in LA than the air quality?
- What you can learn about political prediction — from professional sports bettor, and Action Network Staffer, Anthondy Dabbundo
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE:
GET FREE MONEY AND SWAG TO BET ON POLITICS:
Claim a $200 matching bonus on America’s largest (legal) political gambling exchange. Just click here and receive a $200 match.
First-time Kalshi user? Join the $30M Silicon Valley prediction market with some free swag. Sign up with the SSG Members referral code and get free swag + hook it up for your boys here.
1 thought on “Is It Too Soon for Democrats to Panic?”
Hello SSG, how does the PredictIt $200 matching bonus work? Is it valid for existing users? Thank you.